Galileo Enrichment Learning Program is a meaningful, exciting and fun Math and English Enrichment Program for students ages 3 to 12. They are also one of the firsts in the Philippines to offer Singapore Math for ages 6 to 12.
Now on its 10th year with the mission to “help empower learners by providing them the opportunities for learning enrichment that will make them independent, life-long learners”, Galileo has opened its 37th branch in Cagayan de Oro City last May 9, 2015. It is also the 1st branch in Northern Mindanao.
On the day of its opening, Ma. Rowena J. Matti, CEO, headed the ribbon-cutting ceremony and officiated the “The Birth of a Star” dedication ceremony which announces that the center is now open to the public.
Here are some facts about the program.
GALILEO TELESCOPIC APPROACH
Galileo Enrichment Program adapts the Galileo Telescopic Method which focuses on the learning needs of each child and tailor-fits the program to address the child’s specific needs.
Galileo believes that children learn through play and that children are motivated to learn based on his/ her interests and needs. The program also adheres to the principle that “children construct knowledge and values through dynamic interactions with peers and adults and through active exploration of their environment”.
Galileo’s approach involves the following five ways of learning:
1. Space Race – use of flashcards for speed and accuracy
2. Tactile Launchpad – use of board games, blocks and other manipulatives
3. Nova Data – use of instructional materials to teach kids mastery on the topics covered
4. Book Galaxy – helps kids enjoy reading and appreciate literature
5. Cyber Explorer – use of ICT software and games
ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE (for Cagayan de Oro)
1. Student will take the assessment which will take 15 minutes.
2. Pay the registration and enrollment fees.
Registration: 500.00 (includes starter kit and a Galileo bag)
Enrollment: English or Math – 1860.00 / month ; Singapore Math – 2500.00 / month
Get a discount if you enroll for 3 or 5 months.
3. Student comes to the center according to his/her schedule (2x a week, 30-45 minutes per session).
For more information, visit www.galileoenrichment.com or check then on Facebook and Instagram: galileoenrichment.
For Cagayan de Oro residents, you may contact 09175427752 or 09228343249 or visit them at the Galileo-CDO Center, L/G Knightsbridge Building, Tomas Saco 15th St., Macasandig, CDO.
Help support Galileo’s advocacy of developing Filipino kids to be independent, lifelong learners!