Creating my own worksheets are time-consuming for me so sometimes, I make use of what is available from the internet. It is very easy nowadays since a lot of people are already sharing their resources online (just like this blog!). Though looking for relevant and appropriate worksheets can be challenging sometimes, it really just takes a sense of idea and a dose of creativity to use a particular worksheet for a variety of ways and for different lessons.
For example, one of the lessons in English I has this week is on how to Alphabetize and one of the stories indicated in our Teachers’ Guide was a story about a market. So, to align my activity to the story, I looked for worksheets that have the theme and can also be used to teach the lesson. I came across with this black and white image from Pinterest which was uploaded by hubpages.com. I used the names of the vegetables to teach my pupils how to alphabetize. I started with “Beans” and “Eggplant” and I added the rest of the names of the vegetables one by one.
But…not only that! I also discovered some other lessons that can be taught using the worksheet!
- Alphabetize (Let me reiterate this! 🙂 ) – Teach the pupils how to alphabetize using the names of the vegetables.
- Spelling – Let the pupils spell the words of the vegetables.
- Colors – Let the pupils identify the colors of the vegetables. Let the pupils color the vegetables appropriately.
- Numbers – Use the vegetables to teach counting. You may also teach comparing numbers, one-to-one correspondence and addition.
- Nutrition – Integrate the importance of eating vegetables.
Do you have more ideas to share? Feel free to comment below or share here.
I will be posting more worksheet ideas soon as I discover more! For the meantime, check the following links below for some educational worksheets for your kids/pupils or search “Worksheet” at the search bar on the right side of this page.
Worksheet: Parts of the Face
Worksheet: Over and Under
Worksheet: Missing Numbers 1-10
Worksheet: CVC and Rhyming Words